ZAMBOANGA City will be bustling with activities this week as it gears up for the 74th Dia de Zamboanga (Charter Day) on Saturday.
Dia de Zamboanga marks the day when the newly-appointed officials of the city, headed by Mayor Nicasio Valderroza, took their oath following the declaration of Zamboanga as a chartered city on October 12, 1937.
The series of activities starts Monday with the open cheer dance competition at the City Coliseum. Public and private colleges and universities have enlisted for the competition, organized by the City Government through the City Tourism Division.
The Sineng Pambansa: Zamboanga Film Festival 2011 will also be staged at the Mindpro Cinema from Wednesday until Friday. It will showcase the screening of 10 independent Filipino films.
The Dia de Zamboanga celebration will kick off with the grand parade from N.S. Valderroza Street to Don Joaquin Enriquez Memorial Sports Complex.\
* Red Carpet Night at the National Museum Courtyard
* Search for the Señorito/Señorita de Salud
* Book launching dubbed as Peace Warriors: On Trial with Filipino soldiers, Wednesday
* Recognition Night at the La Vista del Mar, Thursday
* The Achievers' Night, Friday
* Fishing competition, Saturday
* 14th Celso Lobregat Cup Open Dart Tournament, Friday-Saturday
* Zamboanga Freedom Run
* Karate tournament
* Search for the Zamboanga Pop Idol (Bong Garcia)