CRITICS101

WELCOME to Critics101

About Me

My photo
What is CRITICS? It was derived from the word "CRITICISM" which means the art of Judging merit, a spoken written judgment concerning some matter resting on opinions. How does CRITICS101 works? I have made CRITICS101 on this blogger site to come up some interesting topics to write about. All of the reactions or comments that can be read on this blog are merely based on my own opinion or on my personal note. CRITICS101 will feature stories, articles, opinions and reviews from anything to everything and to everybody. This will be a BLOG_MAGAZINE article on the net that will showcase people, places, faces, events and current issues that is worth reading for. Readers and visitors of this blog can be a contributor. They can send their writeups of any sorts as long as their article for their critics will not in anyway violates any law. You can send your article to critics101@gmail.com

Monday 30 May 2011

Thanks Google Earth!


      High and modern technology nowadays are of greatest help to the people living in this wonderful creations made by the One from above. From research for education, to social networking for modern social acquaintances and even keeping memories and having a glimpse for the past, name it, technology of this century has it all.

     But one thing that I really like most, as one of my favorite on the evolution of this Internet technology is the creation of Google Earth.  Ask me why? It is because I am one of  those unfortunate people who is unable to go around the world because of  lack of  financial resources, but still has the chance to go on  tour around the world without spending even a penny from my pocket and can even go back anytime I want because of this Google Earth.

     Google Earth is a virtual globe, map and geographical information program that was originally called EarthViewer 3D, and was created by Keyhole, Inc, a company acquired by Google in 2004. It maps the Earth by the superimposition of images obtained from satellite imagery, aerial photography and GIS 3D globe.Google Earth displays satellite images of varying resolution of the Earth's surface, allowing users to see things like cities and houses looking perpendicularly down or at an oblique angle. The degree of resolution available is based somewhat on the points of interest and popularity, but most land (except for some islands) is covered in at least 15 meters of resolution.


       As a dreamer as I was, I really wanted to go to some countries which I found interesting to visit, perhaps: 1. I am really interested to go to that country or, 2. the place has really interesting places to visit. I have never been out of my country (Philippines), though I already have my passport, still for me it's useless because I can not use it (beacuse of money) to go abroad and have a wonderful vacation anywhere. But I'm still not sad, actually while I was infront of my computer, reading interesting topics of any sort and of anything on wikipedia (I'm just a wide-reader), I caught my own attention on reading places like: Dubai, Singapore, Thailand, Kiribati, Hongkong, New Zealand, USA and of course the Philippines. I was amazed of its story and history , and most definitely I was more amazed of the pictures of different places for each countries which was posted on its page. 

       As amazed as I was of it, I immediately pulled-up my Google Earth on my desktop, then I started to go around those places, everything that I read and saw on wikipedia, I immediately visit it through Google Earth. I was really happy, I can't even explain to myself how happy I was when I saw those places even on a software application like this alone. I don't know, but as far as the happiness that I experienced, the only word that I want to say is Thanks Google Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment